Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lagoon

I have a confession. I 'strongly dislike' theme parks. (Notice how I avoided the 'H' word?)
I very much dislike the heat and the long lines and the fact that a bottled water costs like 12 bucks and how everything feels grimy and all I can think about is getting in the shower and I really, really dislike all of those twisty, turny, throw-upy rides. And try as I may, I cannot seem to convert the rest of the family to my right way of thinking. So..approximately once a year I get over myself and accompany the crew to Lagoon: Utah's largest theme park. As luck would have it, Lagoon discount day fell on Gabe's birthday this year and suggesting we all go made me eligible for 'mother of the year.' Or at the very least, 'mother-willing-to-take-her-kids-to-Lagoon-once-a-year.'

Since the only real enjoyment I get is watching my kiddos have fun-and since I knew that my boys would ditch me the first chance they got-I convinced my girls to hang out with me and for Jodi to bring the kids. And whadda ya know...? It was enjoyable.



I think I've mentioned how much I love boys. Case in point...I told them I wanted to grab a quick group photo before they took off for the day. They obliged but just gave me some boring pose. Or so I thought-until I downloaded this photo and got a better look and realized...with a group of boys, there is no such thing as a "boring" pose.

Pat and Jodi in the moment
Jordan met up with us later that day. Unlike me, he is a big fan of the throw-upy rides.


Pat and Jodi

No comments: