Wednesday, August 11, 2010

HOT Dogs

Lake Powell with the in-laws means Lake Powell with the in-law's dogs. And like many dog owners/lovers these animals are more like children than pets. And if we were being completely honest here I would say the dogs are treated better than most people's children. And even though I wouldn't necessarily put myself in the category of 'dog-lover' I admit I get sucked in. I think what really gets me is watching how usually normal people get all gushy when these dogs are around.
But then really...look at this face.

This is Maddie's Baby. No, really. The dog's name is Baby. Or sometimes it's Little Baby or...a myriad of other names that I could not for the life of me keep straight.
This is Bryan's baby. But his name is "Little Boy." It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Bryan tries to masquerade as a tough guy but these dogs totally blow his cover.
My niece's sister, Sara, is always one of the first people to ask if she can help. I love that she does the Lake thing with us.

Maddie's husband David has been completely indoctrinated with the dog loving culture since marrying my niece.

My sister-in-law, Bronte, loves that she has a strong, sturdy man at her side.

Since Emi's fiance couldn't make it this year, she was chrushing on another boy. Brittney's got her favorite standby on her lap. (How many times have you read Harry Potter, Britt?)

This boy's got it made. He stands ready to swim his girls to safety if needed.
Haley, Little Boy, Emi and Hailee

Something happens to my brother around these dogs. But especially the Baby. Maybe he should have one of his own. A dog, that is.
Oh my...

See what I mean? Are you feelin' the love?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA!! A post entirely dedicated to ubbbba ubbbbba girl and leee leee. That's one thing you left out, the "nicknames".I think they love those dogs more than most of us...NOT kidding ;)