Monday, October 20, 2008

Dinner Swap Monday


We women love to swap. Swap babysitting, swap stories of our labor and delivery, swap recipes, ideas for decorating, lessons, birthday parties and child rearing. But of all those, the thing I most love to swap these days is dinner. Every Monday, I make a meal and  4X it for 3 other families besides ours. The moms of those 3 other families are doing the same thing and at 1:30 we meet to SWAP. I now have 4 fully prepared dinners for the week and I only had to cook once, come up with one dinner idea and do major clean up-that's right-once. My kids get to try things they might not have otherwise (and I get to plead innocence) and it frees me up to make a nice salad or homemade rolls (although I get those with dinner at times). It helps that I know and love these women, that our families are generally the same size and that they are all incredible cooks. 

So here's my swap for you...dinner ideas from dinner swap:
*BBQ ribs with oven roasted potatoes (sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over peeled and cut potatoes)
*spaghetti with garlic bread pull-aparts
*shredded chicken tostadas with cheese, avocado, cilantro and sour cream
*CPK BBQ chicken salad w/ jicama, tomatoes, avocado, black beans, cheese, chips and ranch dressing/BBQ sauce.

No comments: