Thursday, January 19, 2012

Driving through Paradise

I have a confession: I don't really "get" the car thing. Growing up, a car was intended solely as a means to an end. A necessary evil, if you will. A way to get you from point A to point B. We never discussed brands or performance or handling, or turning radius or how fast you could go 0-60 mph in 60 seconds. And then there's my husband. He doesn't "get" how I don't "get" the car thing. He loves cars. He wants to talk about them, look at them, test drive them and buy them. Sadly, his enthusiasm has fallen on my deaf ears. So, you can imagine his excitement when he found a group of guys that not only loved these fabulous cars, but owned them. And then to invite him on a car trip and let him drive their cars?! Heaven, I tell ya. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face.

I did start to notice a trend with the guys: there was a lot of smiling going on as they were driving. (Jana caught this one of her hubby..)
I cannot tell you how beautiful this portion of the drive was... but I can tell you that Kelly got might annoying with that video camera.

As beautiful as the scenery was, the cars still seemed to be the main attraction.


Just so you know, you can't really read or talk while driving in these cars on these roads. Hence, your iphone and camera become a main source of entertainment.
Hearst Castle: Kelly and Alyse beside the hydrangeas on steriods.
He had a theater-no lazyboy chairs here, however.

Tiffanie just chillin' by William Randolf Hearst's pool


Love these photos of Sean and Jana...



The indoor pool..
Out front of our amazing hotel in Santa Barbara...

J.L.O. photo
Question: How many doctors does it take to remove the T-top from the Carrera GT?
Beautiful Santa Barbara, California...



No comments: