Thursday, May 19, 2011

London V

"Can you possibly drag this London thing out any more", you ask? Well, yes. Yes I can.
For example, have you ever laid eyes on storefronts so cute and quaint? I love these. They make me want to shop in them though I don't need any candy or magic supplies.

I did not get a photo of the outside so this is your intro to the British History Museum.
Hercules. Brittney needs a strong man in her life.

The Queen.
As you can see Brittney was my entertainment. I made her pose everywhere.
The [replica of the] Rosetta Stone. Apparently Brittney can read hieroglyphics.
Waiting for her dad to read every single inscription for every single artifact.
That's Jordan on the other side of the case facing the camera.
This was one of my favorite parts of our trip-Jordan and Brittney trying to figure out our tube routes. I loved it because navigating is usually Jordan's field of expertise but on this trip his daughter out-navigated him-hands down. If they each turned a different direction once inside the subway station-I followed my daughter. No offense, hon.
London landmarks.
Years ago we got a print of a Carl Mydans photo of Winston Churchill. I have been quite fascinated with the man ever since.
He was greatly revered and maybe even more disliked.

Some of my favorite Winston Churchill quotes:

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”
Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly. In the morning, I shall be sober.”

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”

Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—after they’ve tried everything else.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

A sheep in sheep’s clothing. (On Clement Atlee)

A modest man, who has much to be modest about. (On Clement Atlee)

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

No comments: