Tuesday, May 10, 2011

London Love Part II (Camden Market)


Considering our sleep deprived state and the fact that we couldn't get into our hotel room for several hours, we knew we needed an activity that would be high energy and involve all of our senses. Camden Market was just the place. Staying awake was not a problem. I was practically on sensory overload.
Brittney effortlessly led us through the process of buying subway (tube) tickets and guided us straight there. Her dad was a little surprised at her new navigational abilities and had to double check every one of Brittney's directions-only to find that she was right on every time.
It was still early. Never again during the course of our trip did the tube station look like this. "Standing room only" would be the new normal.

A couple of weeks before our trip I committed to taking "sweets" out of my diet. Pathetically, that is the subject of most of my photos.
For example...donuts.

...and Brittney's carmel filled churro!
I promise you I have never heard so many languages spoken in one place! I had no idea that London was such a melting pot. Obviously one of the perks is that you can get just about any type of authentic ethnic food. I tried the Indian lunch special. But I really just wanted a churro.
I did have some of this fresh squeezed orange juice. And I dare say it was the best I've ever had.

Here again we have food. I'm not sure what Jordan is eating. Maybe I should make this a cooking blog considering almost every picture on this post is of food.
Notice the wall to wall people. And this was just a warm up. Think..Royal Wedding.


2 comments:

Kris/Mom said...

where is part III? I've loved part I and II

L-J said...

It looks amazing! As you know Europe and London are on my next to places to visit :)