Friday, October 9, 2009

Comfort Food

There has been a drastic change in the weather here as of late. There is a chill in the air I was not prepared for. It just came on too quickly. Last night with my FHE group of women I was warmed from head to toe. I left last night thinking...Okay. I'm ready. Bring it on!




This is Angie-the birthday girl in two days. I bring that up because I spent the whole night in agony trying to remember for sure when her birthday was and thinking I had somehow forgotten it. Angie shared her secret caramel recipe for caramel apples. Those are the kind of things you share with friends.
I love the acorn plates. Check out the pumpkin centerpiece with the acorns.
Shelia-in the foreground- shared some of her thoughts on finding balance in our lives. Whenever Shelia speaks, I listen. She is full of wisdom...and humor...and life.

Last night brought new meaning to the phrase, "comfort food." I don't think I've ever had a meal like this in my life. I mean it. Listen to what we feasted on....
Apple Cider Fondue w/ bread chunks and veggies and apples for dipping
Fall salad w/ cranberry vinaigrette
Rustic french bread with pumpkin butter and...



Ina Garten's Boeuf Bourguignon-(Mormon style)
with Carmel-Pecan -Pumpkin Bread pudding for dessert. Oh my, oh my, oh my.

This is Kristin (holding the darling photo album idea from Jana) and wearing her apron because she is the hostess with the mostess. The look on Kristin's face says it all though. She cares about people. All people. She listens. She serves. She is comfort.

No comments: