Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quarter Finals.


Dear Kate,
Thank you for having the drive and ambition to succeed in life and for applying those desires to the game of soccer. I loved watching you play. I loved watching your focus and at times your fierceness on the field. It was inspiring. I am sorry that I didn't get to see those abilities in action at this game. By the time I got there you had been sidelined with an injury. The score was 3-2 in your favor and we cheered like crazy for your team to take you through to at least one more game where you could strut your stuff. With the game tied up at the final, I literally held my breath in overtime knowing how desperately you wanted this win. Despite all of the efforts of your greatest fans (your fam), it was not to be. I felt a piece of my heart break off as I watched you suffer this disappointment. As is always the case in life, we rally around each other through our challenges as well as our successes. For now it is the end of your high school soccer season but the beginning of other seasons. Just so you know, I will be there-with the rest of the group-on the sidelines-cheering you on in all you endeavor to do. That focus and fierceness will serve you well in the game of life.
I love you and am proud of you.
Love,
Aunt Lori





Kelli and Brandt; a.k.a. the mom and dad
They were loud.
Overtime chant.
Not the preferred ending.
Hailee and Maddie can still pick out cute boys.

Cousins. Adore each other. Always there for each other.

No comments: