Friday, September 18, 2009

Just Peachy

I wish I could adequately describe what this one night a month spent with these other 6 women does for my soul. With many of these women it is the only time our paths cross all month. Each of us are full time, stay at home moms at different stages in our children's lives. Some are grandparents and some have toddlers at home. For these past several years that we have been getting together we have shared in each others joys and triumphs, pain and sorrow. We have strengthened, encouraged and supported each other. We have laughed together and we have cried together. But it's the fact that we have been able to do it together that has made our journeys so much more rewarding.
Last week, Andi hosted us at her home. And honestly, that's how it felt when you walked in...like you were home.
Besides her artistic abilities, her amazing sense of style and her ability to make every meal she makes taste like the best thing you've ever eaten, she also has this incredible sense of humor and can make me laugh.


The table was beautiful. It spoke to us. It said, "Welcome. Please stay. Eat 'till your belly hurts." And so we did.

From left: Jana, Sheila and Angie show up the incredible sunset.


Rebecca brought the Family Home Evening lesson. Who knew the Old Testament could be so exciting? I left with a greater determination to do "hard things" knowing that in doing so I will create a capacity to do still harder things. Can't wait to share with my family on Monday.


This salad looked almost too good to eat. Almost.


Philly cheese steak sandwiches (inspired by Andi's youngest son/BYU co-ed/chef), crash hot potatoes with bacon and cheese, and salad w/ raspberries, pears, cashews, bleu cheese. (My mouth is watering)

Kristin eyes the dessert of homemade vanilla ice cream with fresh peaches and warm caramel sauce.



Once again I left inspired, motivated full and happy. But when Hailee aked me the next morning how Family Night Goup was, I told her honestly, "it was just peachy!"

1 comment:

Sarie said...

I'm so glad you're back. And I love these photos. What a fun group.