Wednesday, September 1, 2010

These Hands..

...are made for picking. Blackberries. Doesn't look like much in that bowl? You try navigating the angry, thorny arms of a blackberry bush!
These days those 16 year old hands are also made for driving...and doing push ups and wielding a tennis racquet and using a pencil to navigate math problems and taking out the trash and giving his dad a dead leg and texting a cute girl and tossing blackberries at his mom while she calls out directions for
his hands to fight the thorns.


1 comment:

Claudia said...

I think I might have a clue on who that cute girl is he's been texting;)

I took the adorable pair of them out to the tennis courts yesterday and he mentioned your blog. Your writing and photo skills are beautiful. I hope you don't mind my taking a peak into your world.

It's obvious to me now where your boy gets his charm, sense of humor and good manners. It's been fun getting to him through my girls eyes and our occasional car rides together. He is darling!

I was so saddened to hear from him about your your disease. Our prayers and thoughts are with you!

Thank you for being such a beautiful example of the believers.

Best wishes, Claudia