Thursday, March 24, 2011

BNP Paribas Tennis Tournament

On a whim, we decided to take the boys and head to Palm Springs for a little sun and tennis. I wasn't sure if the boys would overdose on tennis as it was the only planned entertainment the whole time. Turns out they found plenty of ways to keep busy.I worried about taking them (Christian) out of school for 3 days so close to the end of the term. If the truth were known-they did have a lot of catching up to do and that was hard-BUT I would definitely do it again. The boys said it was one of their favorite trips ever. Getting away and having a breather was a necessity. For all of us.

Check out the cute little ball boys/girls in yellow on the court. The first match we saw we had amazing seats close to the court. Instead of being focused on the great tennis being played, we found ourselves mesmerized with the "ball kids." My son was cracking me up the whole time. Mostly when I shouldn't have. He was very vocal about how uncoordinated and awkward the ball kids were. Rude-I know. But funny.

Poor guy didn't have a chance against Rafa.
This was this cute girl's first tournament. She was 17 and amazing. We will definitely be seeing more of her.


Trying to cover the front and the back from serious sun and heat.