Monday, February 28, 2011

Fun-due Party

Who knew that fondue could be so fun? And so tasty? And so filling? And so much work? Apparently Rebecca and Kelly did as they were the masterminds and hostesses behind the whole idea.

Here we have Margit and Kelly giving a demo shot on how it's done:
There were also amazing appetizers and salads and drinks and, and, and.... Vern and Bill sample the goods.
Bowls of chicken and steak and veggies adorned the table. Ready to be cooked in hot chicken broth. The dipping sauces were my favorite. I love to dip. I am a dip.
It was Howard and Karalyn's 25th wedding anniversary. Lucky us..they chose to celebrate it at the fun-due party. But then again, Howard and Karalyn are not ones to ever miss out on a party. Which is good for us, because they are kinda the life of the party.


For dessert, Kelly made molten chocolate cakes. The smell alone was enough to send you to chocolate heaven. And right as I was about to partake....Gabe called and said, "Where are you?! You said you would be here to pick me up an hour ago!" Which was true. But I was waiting for chocolate cake. Repentant, I promised to be right there. And so I left...with a very unfulfilled chocolate craving.

L to R: Jana, Rebecca, Kelly, Margit. As I edited pictures I began to notice a theme. In almost every photo, Kelly is talking and everyone else is paying rapt attention to whatever she is saying. No surprise here. I do the same thing. She is the whole package: intelligent, witty, entertaining, confident. And I love that she makes our visiting teaching appointments every single month.
This picture is my favorite. I snapped it on my way out the door. All the guys, sitting and talking. They were all aware I was taking a photo but it was only Sean who stopped chatting, looked straight at the camera and smiled.
You may have noticed that it was a couples party. And I went alone. Tiffanie sang, "All the Single Ladies" to me as I walked in. Story of my life. But Jordan did achieve diamond medallion status on Delta this year. Couldn't be prouder.