Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me

I know I've said it before (like once a month) but I will say it again for all of you who may have missed it the other bazillion times...I LOVE my Family Home Evening Group.
If you want to give yourself the "gift that keeps on giving" all you need to do is..
  • Find a group of women that share similar values, priorities and interests.
  • Meet together on a regular basis (we get together once a month).
  • Share good food (we love having an opportunity to make and eat things that our husbands and children most likely would not appreciate).
  • Trade off hosting each other in your homes.
  • Create an environment where you can share opinions, thoughts, ideas, hopes, failures, and successes.
  • Laugh. Cry. Eat. Laugh some more.
  • Think...."I am the luckiest girl in the world!"

Rebecca hosted. I couldn't get enough of her beautiful, warm, cozy, Christmas home! I was almost on "sensory overload." I could hardly take it all in fast enough.

Lunch consisted of:
  • (Not your mother's) Hot Chocolate
  • Butternut Squash soup (the best I've ever had)
  • Chipotle Lime Shrimp Salad
  • Rosemary biscuits w/ honey butter
  • Nordstrom's Bread Pudding (what is it called?) Hands down my favorite dessert of all time.
Needless to say..I was so busy eating..I didn't really think about my camera. Plus...seeing pictures would have just made you all really jealous and hungry.
These are some of the women that inspire me... (Not shown..Kristin and Andi)

1 comment:

Lisa-Jayne Mutton said...

Yes you are the luckiest girl to be part of a FHE group and I am jealous!