Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lucky Us!

Have you ever noticed how March has a tendency to drag on? It's not really Spring- as much as you dress like it is, hope like it is-it is still...well..just March. Maybe that's why I was so looking forward to meeting at Andi's last week for Family Night Group. Desperately in need of the comfort and inspiration of good women, I was literally counting down the days. Here's why...

Nobody can do a "tablescape" like Andi. Really..How does she come up with this stuff? I just read how the key to Anthropologies inviting store ambiance is that they engage all of the senses. That night I think I had senses engaged that I didn't even know I had.


Andi just sent her 3rd son on a 2 year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This tree honorably displays their missionary name tags.


Dinner was heavenly. Andi duplicated a salad she loves from the Nordstrom Cafe. Only hers was better.


All of these women are such an inspiration to me. Among other things, I went home with St. Patrick's day treat ideas, a reminder that our attitude is everything, a CD and thoughts on uplifting music, a visual reminder to "hold fast to the rod of iron," thoughts on being better prepared for temple worship, and recipes..
Kristin, Rebecca, Jana, and Andi in the background in the apron

Shelia, Angie

A sweet ending... March all of a sudden doesn't seem quite so long. Instead of feeling impatient and unsettled, all I feel now is lucky. Very, very lucky.