Monday, June 11, 2012

Ticket to ride


(Christian's graduation photos by Michelle Lenardt)

I can't believe it has been over a month since my last post! It would be easier to quit now than continue but I have found such gratification in being able to look back on the happenings of our life and see patterns of Divine guidance and feel gratitude for what has transpired. So much has happened that I hardly know where to begin, what to skim over and just what isn't important enough to include. 

What I do know is that much of this past month has seemed to revolve around this boy:


And I believe he is important enough to mention.


He has been busy with region and state tennis finals, seminary graduation, finishing and graduating from High School and leaving for (and coming home from) a graduation trip to California.

He arrived home late last night and as I locked up and headed to bed, I felt such a sense of contentment in having almost all of my kids gathered again safely under my roof.



He sat close to me on the bench today in church and sensing that I was cold, he placed his arm around me and pulled me in close. I couldn't keep myself from marveling at how BIG he was. He is not just tall and strong, but he has prickly, patchy facial hair (that he probably should have shaved for church), a nicely ironed white shirt, stylish pants, and a good looking tie that he put on all by himself. How is it possible that this boy of mine is so grown up? Where, oh where, did the time go?

Right now, "time" is waiting to be filled again. With a job, lawns, friends, more tennis, friends, high adventure trips, youth conference and more school. There are great opportunities for learning and growth on the horizon and I want to be careful that none of us miss a second. If "time" has taught me nothing else, it is that it carries on with or without your permission.

You either have to get on board or get left behind. I hate getting left behind. I'm buying a ticket to ride.


A graduation celebration for our two seniors: Christian and cousin Michelle.
 (who is strangely absent from this photo)

Christian and Miles-the-winner...Apparently there was a big argument beforehand in Jodi's family to see who got to sit by Christian. Jodi and Pat lost and were relegated to the end of the table. I hardly saw them all night.

Christian's sisters


Michelle and her momma.. (We were trying to get Vicki to do a "teenage girl" pose..)

And after the ceremony..

Christian and Tucker

The fam...
Questions: Why are the tallest of our group at the top of the hill? Why is my hair plastered to my head? And why did someone leave a box of fun dip under Gabe's chair rendering his teeth so blue that he was afraid to smile with his teeth showing all night?


And the Warner fam...


"Big" sis Britt...

Friend Savannah...


Grandma Kris...

other "Big" sis Hailee





No comments: