Monday, February 27, 2012

A birthday breakfast at Mimi's and a shameless plug for my favorite author

We celebrated Christian's birthday with breakfast at Mimi's Cafe before Kelli and her family had to head back to California. I find myself wanting to hold tight to my family. To never, ever let them go. But since I don't get to decide, I know I must and so we tried to soak up every minute we were together. In my opinion, sharing the most important meal of the day is a great way to do that. Add in Mimi's very indulgent hot chocolate and you have a party!

Christian has some generous aunts and uncles and scored with great gift cards and a car charger for his phone, a stylin' outfit and some beef jerkey-of course. But the gift of all gifts came from the kindergarter in the group. Jill spent hours making Christian a book. Priceless-I tell ya.

Christian read out loud and then, with Jill guiding his arm, turned the book around to show everyone the pictures. We ooohed and ahhhed until Erick got jealous because noone ever seemed to like his gifts that much.

Here are a couple of exerpts for your enjoyment....
"Me and Christian were watching the sunset-rainbow go away from in the east. Me and Christian had to have sleeves and pants because it was very, very cold."

"Me and Christian were laying down and watching the ants crawl and there was a king ant with green jewels. The butterflies and bees were very beautiful and we watched them fly around."

It's very poetic, don't you think?

I am hoping Jill decides to make it into a series. I can't wait for the sequel. Or for the next time we are all together.


No comments: