Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Hello purple cactus"



So...I've had a little struggle with the blogging thing lately. I'm backlogged with photos and events to document and share and so here it goes....

First..I'm going to rewind to Memorial Day weekend. Just a short 3 weeks ago. Our friends, the Wardrops, invited us and the O'Briens down to St. George with them for the weekend. With 2 days notice, and various activities and schedules to rearrange, it was a tricky, spontaneous getaway. But Lon never, ever takes "no" for an answer-and we're always glad. Our lives have become more interesting and entertaining since meeting them. We are eternally grateful.
They had rented a home nestled in the red cliffs of Snow Canyon. It was over-the-top beautiful. I felt like I was in a Parade of Homes home. Oh, wait... I was.

I kept seeing leaves on the floor and couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Then I noticed the giant tree growing up out of the floor.
We started off the day at my favorite breakfast place. The Bear Claw has the best breakfast potatoes around.
And I'm apparently not the only one that thinks so... Brandon and Christian waiting for a table.

We had to split our group up in order to find enough seats to accommodate everybody. I loved that Jason was willing to hang out at the bar with the little boys but then I realized that it was the "crazy morning hair" club.
We spent some time at the pool soaking up much needed sun and warmth. (L-R: Brittney, Gabe, Hailee,Shae, Lexi, and Christian)

Our fabulous hosts, Lon and Sheryl. Love them to pieces.
Weston gives us a glimpse of the Gun Show!
How to compensate for sun glare on your cell phone...
Shae, Britt, Lex, Wes, and Gabe

Wardrops are big tennis players. Brandon's doubles team went to state this year..(and last year, and the year before that...) So it was only natural that the tennis courts is where I found them all. It is just as natural, of course, that I would also find all of the girls parked on the side of the court spectating/supporting.


Sadly, no one was watching the over 40/under 12 crowd play. But I suspect that was just fine with them. (Jordan and Sean)

Happiness is: ending a perfect day at The Pizza Factory with breadsticks and alfredo dipping sauce...
Tomorrow...Sand Canyon and stitches....






No comments: