Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dasks Greek to Me

"He is deserving of something special for his birthday", I thought. He works so hard. He travels so often. His sleep is disrupted by stress and worry for the many, many people he feels responsible for. He is a dedicated father and a loving husband. His kids think he walks on water and they know without a shadow of a doubt that he loves them. What could I possibly do for his birthday that would show him how much we love and adore him? I imagined a fabulous dinner celebration where I would create all of his favorite foods and bake a delicious desert and we would sing and share our words of love and affirmation.

So I asked.."Honey..your wish is my command. If you could have any meal at all for your birthday what would it be?"

And so it was that we ended up celebrating Jordan's 45th birthday at Dasks Greek.
Between eating his most favorite meal on earth and being able to watch the NCAA tournament at the same time (we don't have most TV channels), I think all of his birthday wishes came true.
And I didn't even have to do any dishes. (I told you he was great)

No comments: