Thursday, October 14, 2010

Note to self

A couple of Sundays ago we had the biannual privilege of listening to our church leaders teach and prophesy to us via TV. It is a lovely change of pace from the scramble to get to church-looking decent-by 9 a.m.
We stayed in our comfy clothes all day (which for Christian means being half clothed) and snuggled up in front in of the TV ready to soak up inspiration and guidance. There came a point during the day, however, when I looked around and realized that most of my crew was soaking up the inspiration subliminally. I remember back in my younger, know-it-all days when I looked forward to the day (this one) where my kids would be old enough not to be distracting and to listen intently.
Note to self...pinning away for the future is always a waste of time.
I have to say...they really did get more out of it than you would think.

The dog loves Conference Sunday more than anyone. Christian at his disposal all day is his idea of heaven. Even when he does the following torture tactics....
This was (one of) Christian's form of entertainment....line up M&Ms on your chest and measure the dog's self-control. Then eat each M&M loudly, exclaiming delicious pleasure in the dog's face, leaving only the mole on your chest as a trick M&M for the dog to lick.

1 comment:

Kris/Mom said...

this is way too funny. doug and I just read it together. I love it!