Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"The Gift of an Ordinary Day" by Katrina Kenison

I removed my last post. It was just too whiny and pitiful and not at all upbeat. And it should have been. So unless you go to bed really late or get up really early (Sarah..I'm talking to you) you were spared my insecure dribble.

Fall, my favorite season, is upon us. There is so much to look forward to. I am, therefore, turning over a new leaf and staying focused on all things positive- enjoying the gift of an ordinary day.

A friend introduced me to Katrina Kenison years ago with her book, Mitten Strings for God. I fell in love. The book made me want to be a better person. A better mother. Her new book, The Gift of an Ordinary Day, is just as lovely. Read it. Or take a couple of minutes and listen to this excerpt...


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love this! BTW, we or I should have just gone to the LoRad computer class... I think I would have learned far more!

Sarie said...

I enjoyed this excerpt! Yes, enjoy the day. I need to take that advice more often. xoxo