Sunday, June 6, 2010

Backlogged

































I know it has been forever since I've blogged. So much to tell...so much to share. I couldn't move forward though till I had made one last nod to the elementary school phase of parenting. My baby, my youngest, Gabe, is moving on.To Junior High! All of my children lived what was always my dream growing up: they attended ONE elementary school for all 6 years. (7 counting kindergarten). When that happens, you're bound to make some lifelong friendships. Gabe is no exception. Hardly a day goes by that doesn't include a get-together with friends. And lucky for us all, they are
amazing kids.
Speaking of lucky, I got to hang out with Gabe and the gang at field day at the end of the school year. It was so fun to watch him interact with everyone. I loved his humor and his confidence. (Please, oh please can we keep that going in Junior High?)
At the limbo event, Gabe proved that taller isn't always better. His (lack of) height was working to his advantage.

Height or not, this boy can shoot.
For Gabe, it was the 'Year of the Converse.' The brighter, the better. The latest request is for yellow or purple.


Good friends=good times! Good-bye elementary school days....Look out Junior High!