Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shivering, Primping, and Prom

Senior Prom took a few twists and turns for Hailee this year. A positive by-product was the fact that I got to spend the day with my girl.
I will attempt to explain how this date came to be. Try to keep up....
The day began at the lacrosse game of Hailee's prom date, Malcom. We huddled together on the sidelines trying to create warmth without physically moving with (from L to R) Malcom's Mom; Malcom's girlfriend, Issy; Issy's Mom, Karalyn; and Hailee, of course.
Apparently, asking to prom is not the "marriage proposal" it felt like in my day-rather a very large group date where a bunch of guy friends ask a bunch of girls that are friends. If you actually have a crush on your date then that is a huge bonus. Such was not the case here.


After the game we stopped for mani-pedis. Issy has done this before. She knows how to get the most from her pedicure.
So why is she letting Hailee go to prom with her boyfriend?
Since Issy is a high school graduate, accompanying her senior boyfriend to his prom was not a 'blast from the past' she desired to revisit.
Her younger sister, Olivia, and Hailee are the same age and good friends. (Are you starting to catch on...?)
Hailee opted for a manicure.

Back at the ranch..my newly engaged sister (more on that later) was on site to do hair. Issy graciously volunteered to do Hailee's make-up.

Olivia also requested Jodi's services.
"This is a picture of me and my prom date running a 5K for our activity this morning."

The girls weigh in on the side pony. (Look carefully and you can see Jodi's fiance, Pat, sitting patiently in the background. I hope he knows what he's getting himself into.:))


Issy left but just happened to show up at the same time Malcom did to pick up Hailee. I have to admit it was a little awkward.
Haileeeee, Malcom's here.....
Hailee and Malcom.


Watching her walk away-my mind is a swirl of thought and emotion.
Sweet baby girl of mine,
This is your last High School hurah. Do you know how proud I am of you? How grateful I am for your smile? Your positive attitude? Your willingness to step outside of your comfort zone? Do you see what I see? Do you know you are beautiful? I love that I have no fears or doubts as to your standards. Thank you for that. Those standards keep you safe. But that doesn't mean I don't worry. Will you wear your seatbelt? Will your date not text and drive? Will you be able to be comfortable in your own skin and be yourself? Will you have fun? So many things outside of my control. So many reminders that I have to let go.
And she's going...going...going.....

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hailee you looked absolutely gorgeous!!! He was one lucky guy to have the privilege to be with you. Lori, I love your posts! Your pictures are amazing! They inspire me and leave me wanting to see more. Your posts are incredible! You touch my soul! I love you Tons!!!

Jana

Lisa-Jayne Mutton said...

HAILEEEEEE you looked absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!