Thursday, February 25, 2010

16 years with this boy.


(photo of Christian and Gabe taken this summer)


16 years old. 16 reasons I adore this boy:

16. He is one determined kid. Try telling him he can't have a dog.
15. He know how to work. He is the first one to get his jobs done, had a thriving lawn business and has worked construction two summers in a row.
14. He is a gentleman. He opens the doors for people, gives up his seat for others and says "thank you" for everything.
13. He is funny. Really. He wont let me take myself too seriously.
12. He never whines. He takes matters into his own hands.
11. He looks people in the eyes when he talks to them. He addresses people by name and asks about their lives.
10. Because of reason 11, he lets me hide behind him.
9. He writes the sweetest notes. His was my only valentine.
8. He is a good brother. He has a tender heart that makes him nice.
7. He is dang handy. He can fix things.
6. He has a beautiful voice (but he is careful not to let anyone hear it :( )
5. I have never seen a dog so loved as ours (Christian's). And that love is returned to Christian 10 fold.
4. He is always home by or before his curfew and is a master at finding a ride.
3. He accepts his dad's bribes to cut his hair.
2. He sets goals for himself. He will get his Eagle.
1. He never leaves the house or goes anywhere without telling me he loves me.
Man, I love this kid!


presenting...breakfast in bed.

But could you turn off the light? (BTW Britt..Your birthday present to Christian has been to let him sleep in your bed every night you are away at college.)

Christian's friends who are girls (not girlfriends) made him this birthday cake. One more thing I got to cross off my list.
Happy Birthday, Christian. I love you.

No comments: